CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Countdown....


We are down to the last week before Dave leaves.
He is expected to fly out soon. We just returned from a vacation in Orlando. We had a blast. It was hard to drive back, knowing that Dave will be leaving soon.
Our vacation included three days at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, and lots of food. We didn't want to have to go home and called and extended a day and stayed for a Medeival Times dinner show.
It was great! The girls loved it as much as Dave and I. I will include some pictures for you to see.


I wanted to get a picture of him in his desert camo, but they are too stinky with bug repellant. I'll let him air them out in the desert and send me a photo. I'll try to update it shortly.

He has heard that the Baghdad chapel can use some more coffee beans. He has already shipped an espresso machine....he wanted to make sure it was waiting there for him.


Starbucks was generous enough to donate it to the troops there. Thanks Blake!

The girls seem to be doing well. We'll see how Thursday goes.
I am trying to keep it exciting with a "girl summer" theme.

I am doing well too! I have a cruise booked for after Dave returns. He should be returning around the end of September. It will give me a little incentive to loose the lagging 5 pounds and prepare for his return.

We have been blessed with LOTS of visitors this year. My parents came in January, then our mentors John and Nadine Simmons were able to stop in while on the way to help hurricane Katrina victims in Mississippi. In March we had Dave's parents

and just a few weeks ago, my brother an his wife were able to come! We are so thankful that they could all come and visit.

I almost forgot the animals.....our mean cat! Mickey isn't so nice. He's lucky he is so good to McKenzie. Everybody else is ready to get rid of him. Then there is the wildlife that shows up every once in a while.
While my brother was in town we had an armadillo and a turtle show up in our front yard....last year it was a snake!

Hopefully we will be making a trip back to the Northwest next summer on our way to our new base. The Air Force puts its needs ahead of ours.....I am trying to remember that. So, we'll see how the move works, and where. Who knows...we could be extended and stay another year in Alabama. Currently, I am just thankful that Dave is full-time active duty Air Force. When and where we move or live is unimportant. We are blessed for Dave to be allowed to be an Air Force Chaplain. We love it! (We'll see how I feel about that after 4 months with him in Iraq :)

Blessings to you all! Thank you so much for the phone calls and e-mails to check on us! I am going to try to keep this site updated so that you can be updated with Dave's experiences. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the update Val....I will check your blog from time to time. Hope your summer goes well. You will all be in my prayers!

What a fun vacation!!! You look great Val!!!