CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 24, 2006

Zoo Atlanta


All babies seem to intrigue me right now, even animals. I showed you the chimp a few months ago, and now there are twin gorillas at the Atlanta zoo.


We are hoping for a baby panda around my birthday. The female had AI in March. (Pandas have false pregnancies, and there isn't a way to test them to know if they are pregnant or not until they actually deliver) I'm going to have to keep the Zoo Atlanta membership current so that we can get tickets to see the new panda, if there is one. Miranda is really hoping for a baby panda, almost as much as I am! I missed out on seeing the new one last year in D.C. If you click on Zoo Atlanta at the entry heading, it will link you to Zoo Atlanta's breeding season blog and you can track the panda's "pregnancy."



The girls were in a hula-hoop contest at the zoo and won tiaras. McKenzie kept hers going the longest and also received a medal! We had a great morning....we went early to try to beat the heat and it seemed to work.

0 comments: